If you are a Canadian national and would like to visit Pakistan for tourism, visiting family members or business purpose, you will need to obtain a visa before you can travel to Pakistan. You can apply for Pakistani visa at the High Commission of Pakistan located in Ottawa or Consulates in other cities of Canada. The citizens of Canada possising the National Identity Card for Pakistani Origin (NICOP) do not need to apply for visa as they can travel using their NICOP. Canadian passport holders who were born in India need to apply for Pakistani visa using a different visa application form.
1. Visa Application Requirements
As a first step you need to completely fill out the visa application form and then submit it with the following required documents:
- Two Passport size (4.5 cm by 3.5 cm) coloured photographs with white background taken within last three months (dated and stamped by the photographer
- Copy of the passport. Passport should be valid for more than six months.
- Copy of CNIC / PR Card – Bring original for verification
- Copy of parents’ CNIC / NICOP / Pakistani Passport for Canadian born Children with Long Form Birth Certificate.
- Visa applied on the basis of Pakistani Spouse – Copy of CNIC / NICOP of Pakistani spouse and marriage certificate is required. Bring the originals for Verification
- Proof of residence in Canada and Pakistan (most recent utility bill).
You must also provide the following documents if applicable:
Provide INVITATION LETTER duly signed from the host/sponsor in Pakistan along with copy of host/sponsor’s CNIC / NICOP or Pakistani Passport [or copy of ID issued by NADRA to Afghani Nationals].
- Provide the details of business and a letter of invitation from the host/Associate Company/Organization in Pakistan attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Provide a letter of introduction from the employer in Canada attested by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Letter from the Employer detailing the purpose of the visit.
- Brief summary of the assignment to be under taken in Pakistan.
- Detail of places to be visited in Pakistan.
- All visas are processed through Ministry of Information and Broadcasting therefore liable for time delays.
Visa for NGOs
- Introductory letter from the employer in Canada and the purpose of the visit.
- An invitation letter from host NGO in Pakistan.
- NGO Visa applications are processed after approval from Pakistan.
- Proof of admission in an academic institution in Pakistan.
- NOC from the Ministry of Education/Economic Affair Division Government of Pakistan.
- Police clearance certificate from the home country.
2. Submission of Visa Application:
Completed visa application form along with the required documents and the requisite fee can be submitted personally/through friend/accredited couriers or by registered mail at
High Commission for Pakistan
10 Range Road
Consulate General of Pakistan
7880 Keele Street, Unit 14,
Vaughan, ON L4K 4G7
Consulate General of Pakistan, Montreal
3421 Peel Street,
Montreal, Quebec H3A 1W7
Consulate General of Pakistan
Suite 1400, 510 West Hastings
Vancouver BC, V6B 1L8
– It is mandatory to enclose pre-paid/self addressed registered envelope for all the visa applications sent by mail.
3. Visa Processing Fees for Canadian Passport Holders:
- – Single entry visit visa – $100
- – Multiple entry visit visa – $190.
- – Single entry business visa – $150.
- – Multiple entry business visa – $325.
- – Student visa – $175.
- – Work visa – $205.
- – Transit visa – $100.
- Fee is payable by Money Order, Draft drawn in favour of The Consulate General of Pakistan. You can also use your credit/debit card at High Commission of Pakistan in Ottawa.
- – Habib Bank Counter in the Toronto Consulate accepts cash, debit or visa/master card for which it charges $5 for each receipt as draft/money order fee.
- – The above mentioned visa fee is for Canadian Passport holders only. Nationals of other countries should contact the Mission for fee schedule.
- – Visa fee is non-refundable in all cases.
- – Delivery of documents – 1400 ~ 1600 hours.
– Visit visa to Canadian citizens of Pakistani origin is issued on the next working day.
– Processing time for non-visitor category varies from case to case.
Business Hours: (Monday – Friday)
– Submission of documents – 0915 ~ 1215 hours.
– Retain your receipt issued by the Consulate for collection of documents.